Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dead Moles

Posted by pjalst Z5 Albany NY (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 21, 06 at 12:01

In the past two weeks I found two dead moles laying on my lawn. I'm not upset about losing them, I'm just curious about what the cause of their death is. They don't look chewed up or anything, so I think and animal got to them. anyone have any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dead Moles

• Posted by kareen z5 NY Renss.Co. (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 24, 06 at 9:02

I wonder if there is poison of some sort in your area that they got into. If you contact NYS department of environmental conservation , they may be able to give you more info. Let us know if you find the culprit.

o

Several years ago I also found several dead moles. They were found very close to their holes. Because it had been a very wet summer, and we had just had a gully washer, I decided that they must have aspirated too much water in their burrows. Have you had a lot of rain prior to finding them?

Jackie

o

Well, the upstairs neigbor's cat has a knack for killing small animals without leaving a mark on them, as if that would make me feel better when I find them waiting for me outside my door. I've also found several moles over the past year that I assume fell victim to this tidy murderer.

Maybe you have one like that in your neighborhood.

Wayne

o

• Posted by hammerl z5-6 Amherst NY (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 26, 06 at 9:58

My scottie has killed moles without leaving a mark on them, so it could be the work of a stray dog, as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here