Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mudlady_gw

Mushrooms in lawn.

mudlady_gw
10 years ago

I live in Conquest (Port Byron zip code) which is between Syracuse and Auburn. I am in farm country and mow 2 acres of "lawn" which is what I call the green stuff that was nice enough to grow in what used to be a field of alfalfa and soy beans. It is definitely not a beautiful, manicured lawn, but I do mow it all during the growing season. We have had a lot of rain and now symmetrical little white mushrooms are everywhere. I am concerned because my new dog eats all kinds of non dog food items. She loves the clumps of mud and grass throw out by the mower. That is bad enough but now she has shown an interest in the mushrooms. I saw her eat one several hours ago but she hasn't developed any symptoms of distress. Part of me says they can't be poisonous or lots of neighborhood dogs would be sick or dead. Still, I would like to identify these mushrooms so I can learn about them. They are storybook like toadstools; smooth, white, symmetrical, rounded caps and slender stems. They are usually small but can grow fairly large. Any help in identification would be appreciated. I don't know how to post a JPEG.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!