Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lilies blooming yet?

Posted by phylrae z5a/centralNYS (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 17, 06 at 17:07

Does anyone in the Syracuse area have lilies (asiatic) blooming yet? Just wondering....I have a lot that look ready to burst! I especially can't wait to see all the different Orienpet (OT) lilies and orientals for the first time this year (I planted many new varieties last fall and this spring!) :0) Phyl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lilies blooming yet?

My asiatic lilies are just starting to color up in bud - probably a good week to 10 days away from bloom. I look forward to them every year, and I planted another cluster of my favorite ('Avignon') last fall, so I'll get more of a good thing than usual in my hot-color garden in the back yard this year. My oriental lily ('Arena' I think) blooms about the same time as my later asiatics ('LaToya' and 'Bergamo' and 'Lenox') and my tiger lily ('Sweet Surrender') in the front yard. I've got a couple lilium speciosum 'Rubrum' in a separate clump, but some critter broke off one of the bloom stalks - NUTS. I need to get more of those to make a bigger impact.

Laurel

o

• Posted by von1 z4 NY (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 19, 06 at 23:33

MY asiatics are just about ready to open. I can tell they are orange! Yellow stargazer is in bud also. That will be a while yet.

o

I have one Asiatic that started blooming on Sunday, but the rest are not as far along as this one for some reason...probably the variety since I planted a mixed bag of them last fall.

o

All My asiatic lilies are blooming, I live in Lafayette,

o

• Posted by phylrae z5a/centralNYS (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 22, 06 at 14:49

Thanks....just wondering. Our Lollipop and Orange Electric (asiatic) are now blooming....can't wait to see who else follows suit! :0) Phyl

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here