Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden_frog

Another Great WNY Swap!

garden_frog
13 years ago

I just wanted to say thanks to all who attended this year. I can't tell you all how much I look forward to the swap every year. We have such an exceptionally generous and good natured group of swappers, it just makes for such an enjoyable day!

I can't believe all the plants I have to get in the ground now! Boy do I have a lot of planting to do! But I'm sure everything will look fantastic!

Thanks everyone for braving the ugly weather to make it out here! It was a great time as always. And thank you everyone for such awesome plants! I think I know where they are all going except Glen's cup plant. Gonna have to think about where I want to locate that one.

Did anyone leave behind a small coca-cola cooler?

Now, I'm off to relax for a bit! Happy planting everyone!

Comments (10)

• penny1947
    13 years ago

You beat me to the punch Tara!

Thank you for hosting the plant swap yet again. It was great as usual and I have already put my first little plant in the ground....the Hen and chick has been planted! One down and many more to go. What could be better than great plants, great food, great fun and great gardeners! Thank you all for the wonderful plants that you brought and to everyone that participated in the Yankee swap/exchange and to Jerry for the delicious 'healthy cocktail'. Everyone's enthusiasm made up for the dreary start to the day! Oh and thanks to Scott too for putting up with all of us invading his 'mancave' LOL!

Penny

• gottagarden
    13 years ago

What a great day!

Tara, as always, you and Scott are fantastic hosts. It is so kind of you to open your home and garden to us every year.

The food was fabulous again. I have to especially thank Elizabeth for the superb cheesecake, it was scrumptious.

Jerry - cheers for the classy celebration beverage! What was that stuff that had the berry flavor? (I already forgot the name)

Thanks to everyone for the great plants, now I have to find space in the garden . . . .

And Tara, I'd like to know how you arrange to have the rain stop right on time so we could conduct our swap without getting wet? I could really use that skill.

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Tara,
    You beat everyone to the thank you thread! : )
    It was a great time as usual. The weather turned out ok, and what could be better than spending a day with a bunch of generous gardeners who are also excellent cooks.

Brenda,
    When I got home, I went inside with hosta pot. Gary said, "OK, you better put it out front, no hiding it in the back." lol.

I'm already looking forward to next year. I also hope many of you can make it to the tomato party later this year,
    Remy

• wren_garden
    13 years ago

Thank you for the generous and rewarding event in all ways. The setting, you have a beautiful garden to drool over and the relaxed family warmth you extend Tara,made this newbie feel completely welcome. The plants I brought home are all off my wish list now and some are ones I just learned I wanted. lol The Gardeners enthusiasm was so joyful. This was the first time I had been with a group and was able to relax and know that "Plant talk" was not only welcome but encouraged. What happiness! The food Mmmmmmm. I didn't eat dinner that night cause I was so full with satisfaction. My DH was jealous and quizzed me on what I had. All this and I get to go out in the garden today and plant all those gorgeous new jewels.

• husky004_
    13 years ago

Tara & Scott-Thanks again for being great hosts, as always it was a great swap. Tara, that is my Coca-Cola cooler you can throw it in with the irises you promised to drop off at Penny's. Was great seeing everyone and meeting new garden friends, I came home with some great new plants. Jerry, great cocktail, and everyone else thanks for the delicious food. Penny and I managed to find a new route home again but at least we didn't get lost lol.

• ej_in_ny
    13 years ago

wren-garden,
    I agree, it was nice to mingle with our own kind- folks who speak "plant talk".

Tara and everyone,
    Thanks so much for a great day. That was an awesome swap! Can't hardly wait for next year's.

• Jerry Ciesielski
    13 years ago

Thank you, Tara & Scott, for being gracious hosts, as a legion of gardeners fill up your driveway, descend on your yard, and stomp on your grass.

Thanks to everyone, for the native plants, heirloom tomato seedlings, rare grasses, obscure varietals, and great conversation, that make this exchange such a joy to attend.

Regarding the cocktail;
    It is called the St-Germain Cocktail, and it is very easy to make. It is also great over ice as a summer refresher.

St-Germain Cocktail

2 oz cold, dry sparkling white wine
    1.5 oz St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur
    2 oz cold, sparkling mineral water or seltzer
    twist of lemon

~Jerry

Here is a link that might be useful: St Germain Elderflower Liqueur

• penny1947
    13 years ago

Jerry
    Thank yo for sharing the recipe for St. Germaine's very own cocktail! It was very refreshing and I can imagine on a hot day it would be even more so! My newly planted acquisitons are doing very well and already looking forward to next year's swap.

Penny

• gottagarden
    13 years ago

Jerry, I finally found some St. Germaine's in Buffalo and am looking forward to making some yummy drinks this weekend :-)

• rosalinda_gw
    13 years ago

I am so sorry I missed this years swap. Amazing how in just a couple of years it has become a major event in my year, and how much I regret not being there. Next year.....
    -Rosalinda