Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gottagarden

thank you Tara and Scott!

gottagarden
12 years ago

As always, you are the best hosts and your gracious hosting of GW plant swap is hugely appreciated! Tara, your gardens looked gorgeous, all that rain seems to keep them happy. Food was fabulous, too much food though . . .

Had a great time, got some super plants, and nice to see everyone again.

happy gardening!

Comments (11)

• rbirch
    12 years ago

I have to echo what Brenda said. Once again thank you Tara and Scott for your hospitality. I had a great time and it was so nice to see everyone once again. A perfect day. I have a lot of nice plants to get in the ground and I cant wait until next years swap, where I will bring enough blue muffin viburnums like I had today for everybody (UMMM NO!). Cant wait to learn how to post pics, Thanks once again.

Glen.

• lindalou
    12 years ago

i must say this plant swap has been one of the nicer ones i have ever attended. all the swappers were the friendliest, most helpful and knowledgeable group of fellow gardeners i have ever met. the food was out of this world, plant selection more than i could have hoped for and the friendships developed immeasurable. thanks, tara and scott, for your fantastic hospitality. can't wait til next year!! now, i have to get ready to plant and plant and plant!! thanks, again.....;)

• lindalou
    12 years ago

i must say this plant swap has been one of the nicer ones i have ever attended. all the swappers were the friendliest, most helpful and knowledgeable group of fellow gardeners i have ever met. the food was out of this world, plant selection more than i could have hoped for and the friendships developed immeasurable. thanks, tara and scott, for your fantastic hospitality. can't wait til next year!! now, i have to get ready to plant and plant and plant!! thanks, again.....;)

• husky004_
    12 years ago

Tara & Scott-Thanks so much for the 8th annual plant swap(and yes I want a veteran's pin when we hit 10! Scott's idea!)it was great seeing everyone, getting great plants and trading plants. Glen I'm glad you got a taker viburnum but it was fun picking out a spot in Tara's yard if it wouldn't have worked out. Food was great as always as was the Chinese auction good fun. Happy planting everyone!

• rosalinda_gw
    12 years ago

(Reposted from Exchanges thread)

Thanks Tara for hosting another wonderful swap. It was an absolutely delightful day, from start to finish. You are filled with kindness, warmth and generosity.

Thanks to all who brought such amazing plants, food, gifts and friendship. It was a beautiful day all the way around.

-Rosalinda

• penny1947
    12 years ago

Thank you Tara and Scott!
    I am a little late getting on here as I spent the day yesterday trying to get some things planted ... I sure could have used a margharita or two when I finished but I digress. Seriously, it was another fantastic Party and get together and I say party because it is so much more than just a swap. Some of us only see one another once a year but after 8 yrs we have become good friends too.

Linda Lou,
    My Hummingbird wind spinner was hung as soon as I got home. I actually saw one a couple of months ago and nearly bought it...so glad I didn't.

Glen,
    My clethera was repotted and put in a 'safe' place so that David can't eat it with the mower while it grows a little more.,

Tara, I was able to surprise our pastor with the Rose of Sharon shrubs since he lost his last year.

Remy
    my new hummingbird pins have been shown to everyone and I feel very honored that you thought of me to give them to.

Hilde,
    Thank you so much for teaching me a new way to grow my tomatos. I can't wait to see this new one for me produce fruit. I always count on getting my tomato plants at our swap.

Rosalinda,
    Your gloves are always such a hit. When I work with the church group doing the landscaping there I always get asked about the gloves.

I am also tickled to get the Wine and Roses Weigela. It has been one I have wanted to try for a few years but kept putting off.

GottaGardem
    I forgot to tell you how great my Baptisia are doing this year. I was afraid David had buried them when he dug out the drainage for the gutter down spouts since he went right through one of my beds but alas they are alive and well and have at least tripled in size this year as has my Pulmonaria.....8 yrs of friendship growing and blooming in my garden!

I agree with husky, we need something to commemorate the 10th year... a pin or t-shirt or something and if husky is in Florida by then she will just have to fly back. We have 2 years to think about it and work on it.

Happy Planting everyone!

Penny

• remy_gw
    12 years ago

I posted over on FB, but no harm in saying it again, it was a great swap as usual! Nice to have exceptional weather this year too.
    Something special for 10 years that would be great! It has become like a family reunion of sorts for those of us who go every year, but I like you all more than some of my family, LOL.
    I hope many of you can come to the tomato party later this year!
    Remy

• ej_in_ny
    12 years ago

Hey folks,

I feel like I came home from the swap with a small fortune. Thank you for the fun and the great plants. I might have to take a vacation day from work to get all of them planted.

Many thanks to Tara & Scott for hosting the swap, oh and also for the freakishy giant irises.

-EJ

• lindalou
    12 years ago

sorry that posted twice. don't know what i did wrong and don't know how to delete it!!

• penny1947
    12 years ago

Linda Lou,
    Once you hit that submit button there is no way to delete a post that I am aware of on GW but that is ok. We have probably all done it at one time or another.

Penny

• rosalinda_gw
    12 years ago

Thanks to whoever brought all those beefsteak tomato plants in the red and blue cups. Who brought them? Anyone know? Thanks to you I might actually get tomatoes this year, despite getting the FIRST of my garden crops in this weekend!!!

I also got the ones planted, that I got from Remy and Hilde - much appreciated! Hilde, the stump of the world tomato sprouted 2 more seedlings, so I have 3 plants, though 2 are very small. I look forward to trying this highly recommended tomato. Normally I plant 70 or so tomato plants, but this year the 15 I got at the swap will have to do. Next year.......

I did pass the C of O inspection on my new house - just waiting on the water test now to get that hurdle jumped over.

-Rosalinda

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Ohio