Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lucy925

another successful WNY garden swap

lucy925
16 years ago

Hi Tara, Thankyou again for hostessing the garden swap and for digging out some of your pink phlox, I got home in time to plant the phlox and bareroot iris before it rained. I also acquired : Disco Bell hibiscus, sweet autumn clematis, hillbilly tomatoe, moonbeam coreopsis, campanella, rose of sharon, amaranthus, mallow, black eyed susan, and lobelia.

The food was good, and the people friendly- a good day!

Linda

Comments (9)

• gottagarden
    16 years ago

Thanks Tara! You're the best! We really appreciate you hosting this large event especially with a move approaching. We all will miss your beautiful home. Your gardens really looked terrific this year, it must be very hard to leave them.

Thanks to everyone else for all the great plants! I appreciate everyone who encouraged my collecting addiction with all those pre-arranged swaps. I now have lots more lovely plants to fill in my new garden beds.

Sure hope we do this again next year!

• husky004_
    16 years ago

Thanks Tara and everyone else...one of my favorite days of the year...great people, great plants and great food. We are finally getting our much needed rain but I heard lows in the 40's in the next two days...Yuck, I'll take heat and dry.

• Jerry Ciesielski
    16 years ago

Many thanks to you, Tara, for hosting a great exchange, and thanks to everyone who was so giving! It was great meeting everyone, and very nice to find everyone so welcoming and easy-going.
    We received a much needed (light) rain shower as soon as we rolled into our driveway, but I watered everything just to be safe.
    Now, the challenge is to get everything into the ground or pots...

• lilylouise
    16 years ago

Thanks to Tara and everyone for a great swap. I'm so glad the much needed rain held out until late afternoon.

I got home, had dinner and like a mad gardener went out and planted all the plants(21) I brought home .......just in time for this heavenly rain!!!!!

• virgiebaby165
    16 years ago

A great time, great people, a great hostess with beautiful home and gardens, what more could a gardener want, except the needed rain we finally received. Yeah, no watering last night.

Thanks to all who participated with your generous offerings, and to Tara, what can one say.....when she literally takes the shovel nearby and sends you home with more. Smiles abound.

Ginny B.

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

It was a wonderful day. Thank you Tara. It was amazing how the rain started just as the last of us left!
    It was great to see all the oldies again, and the new faces too!
    I do hope the tomato party does happen, so we can see each other again in August : )
    Remy

• hammerl
    16 years ago

Thanks again Tara, the swap is always something I look forward to. Your gardens were gorgeous. I hope you can create something just as wonderful at the new house.

I was adventurous and decided to take the back roads home, only to learn the Wruck Road bridge was out when I prepared to turn. Oops. I bravely went one more road, finally learned to keep my internal compass straight, and made it home without directions, map, or a single wrong turn. Definitely a miracle, considering I'd never heard of most of those roads, let alone been on them. None of them ever hooked up to my old route, but it was just as fast.

Once home, I scurried to plant as much as I could before the rain... and failed. At 5 we got really, really, really hard rain. A true soaker. I waited it out and eventually ducked back out when it stopped or was misty.

In the end, I got everything planted except for two lupine, a salvia, a few dahlias and four tomatoes. Not bad. And I certainly didn't have to water.

Thanks everyone for a great time and some super plants. I ended up with lots of nice bearded iris, a candy lily, a blackberry lily, a salvia, two lupine, four tomatoes of different varieties, a few dahlias, solomon's seal, wood hyacinth,corydalis, and pre-trade agastache, siberian iris, japanese iris, japanese primrose, and bearded iris.

• penny1947
    16 years ago

Tara
    You are really tops! With the impending move, you still took the time to host the plant swap again this year. Thank you so very much. I will really miss you beautiful home and superb gardens
    Everyone,
    It was great to see all of you and to meet new swapees I had an awsome time as usual and I want to thank everyone for all the great plants that I brought home (but didn't get a chance to plant out). I am actually planting out now that the rain has stopped. I got home just as it came down in buckets and poor husky still had to drive all the way home from my house in the rain. It rained the rest of the evening and all morning here so I am at least able to get the shovel in the soil today. This is the one day each year that I thoroughly look forward to and as usual it was perfect. Thank you Tara and all for making it so special.
    For those who didn't get to come this year.....you were really missed. We talked about you all day! LOL!
    Penny

• rbirch
    16 years ago

Thank you Tara for hosting the plantswap again. I real;y had a great time and it was so nice to see old and new faces. I have so much planting to do still. Glen.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting