Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wantoretire_did

Have to haul out the hoses tomorrow

wantoretire_did
16 years ago

Well, it doesn't look like we will get any rain in this rash of thunderstorms as they seem to be south of us. I was really hoping we would get something substantial, which is well overdue. Temps have dropped a lot, but the humidity is really up there.

Carol

Comments (18)

• von1
    16 years ago

A few sprinkles here in Corinth. I watered last night. I always seem to do it then, even though you are not suppossed to. Guess thats when I can, after I get home from work.
    Lilys are out. Bright orange red. Even one of my kids mentioned how bright they were(25 yr old male!!!!) Thats shocking!!!
    Eight hours in the garden on Sunday. Aching back Sunday night.DH asked whats for dinner-imagine that!!!He threw together something. God bless him!!!
    Von

• dirthappy
    16 years ago

I hauled out the hose Tuesday night and watered 4 of the 6 beds. I planned to finish Wednesday nite. Didn't need to, we had rain. Boy, did we have rain!

• gottagarden
    16 years ago

Wish we had more rain!! Everything is SO dry.

• abbreal
    16 years ago

yeah had to water here also (wilton) saratoga springs even though we are not suppose to also. we had a few sprinkles and a lot of hot wind that dried every thing out twice as fast. at least my front yard is in the shade most of the time and heavly mulched so it dries last. but, my ligularia (probably spelt wrong) had droopy leaves even in the shade so im guessing the front is drier than it looks. shade is saving the grass in front though. i seeded and seeded this year just to fill it in. after four years of perfecting the sand trap i thought i would like to try the greens lol.

• wantoretire_did
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I see some clouds, maybe?????

abbreal - Where are you? I'm on the SS/Greenfield border.

• wantoretire_did
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tracking clouds out my north-facing window and weather.com. Any precipitation is just north or south of us. Darn.

Carol

• party_music50
    16 years ago

It seems like all I do is water! most of the few passing storms have split and gone around or over us. It's gotten to the point where I just leave the hoses lying out -- I don't have to worry about mowing over them because the lawn is mostly brown or dormant. :)

It looks like this week is bringing in some different weather. It's been in the mid/low 40s here at night!

• abbreal
    16 years ago

wantoretire did. im on louden rd behind wilton mall. im
    fairly familar with your neck of the woods. i have live here about six years.

• diane_nny
    16 years ago

It is nice to come here and read that someone else realizes that all this "beautiful" weather has a down side. I don't want to complain, and I am happy for everyone that we are having the beautiful weather, but I think it would be just as beautiful if it could rain an inch or so one night a week, and still not spoil anyone's outdoor enjoyment.

• wantoretire_did
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Diane - It has been beautiful hasn't it, not to mention great sleeping as well, and yes, an inch or so of rain would be wonderful. I've finally left the hose out, just in case the projected 60% doesn't happen tomorrow.

Carol

• abbreal
    16 years ago

ok carol is this your falt? i getting out and doing a rain dance on the 4th want to join?

• wantoretire_did
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maybe if I get my car washed that will do the trick!!

• krazyaroider
    16 years ago

I washed my SUV yesterday...

• abbreal
    16 years ago

hey it worked its raining here not a lot but any amount helps!

• abbreal
    16 years ago

i so happy its still raining

• lilylouise
    16 years ago

Returned from a week away on Monday and have been watering ever since. I have sandy dry shade but this the first year I have seen the plants literally drooping for the lack of water. I doubt that the quarter inch of rain today will help much. In fact the shady areas will probably need more help tomorrow.

• wantoretire_did
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Its supposed to rain all night; lets hope so, maybe 1/2 inch.

• abbreal
    16 years ago

let it rain . my yard already looks greener! and my bee balm has stood back up again!

Sponsored
Longhouse Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Prominent Architecture Firm Creating Cohesive Designs