Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
penny1947_gw

Thanks again to Garden Frog

penny1947
17 years ago

For another great afternoon of fun food and foilage swapping. Seriously as usual it was a wonderful afternoon and I enjoyed seeing everyone that was there and we missed those of you who weren't able to make it this year

Thank you Tara, everything was great ast usual!

Penny

Comments (17)

• husky004_
    17 years ago

Well you beat me to it again Penny!!! But it was a great day, meeting with everyone, lots of great conversation, plant swapping, and some new friends, I think Kristen hit the motherlode and to Marek, "Milo mi", all in all a very good time as always nothing better than chatting with garden friends.

• gottagarden
    17 years ago

Yes, Tara, THANKS!! It was wonderful, you are such a gracious hostess with the perfect site for a garden party. And you even fixed the weather for us too, that was a really nice touch!

Thanks also to everyone who brought all those great plants. Remy - you're the best! So many great choices, my garden will start to look like yours. Glenn, thanks for all those great grasses. Kristin, I just LOVE all those magazines, they are fabulous! I'm so glad you came with them. Tracy, that nepeta is super. Kathy, I am going to town with those brugs! Hopefully they'll grow like you promised, and I will post photos later in the year. Thanks for the passionvine too. Penny I'm looking forward to seeing those salvias grow. Ruth, my tomato bed is going to be well stocked now, glad I waited on buying those tomatoes. I would have raided Mulchy's table, except that I've already been to her house and raided her garden ;-) And thanks to everybody I missed for everything else I picked up.

Now I just need to plant them all . . . . One week? Two? How long before you get everything in?

• husky004_
    17 years ago

Hey Remy-We don't need no stinking map, we made it to Tara's on Rt 31 and back home on Rt 104... Hey Penny and I are good to go!!!!!! If we didn't start talking gardening we wouldn't get confused lol...but we do show up and not too much outta the way! Well I think it's Penny and I even missed the exit back home after her house so yes it's all her fault!

• faltered
    17 years ago

Yes, thanks Tara for hosting the swap. Your house and gardens are lovely, and your daughter is such a cutie! Thanks to everyone who came and helped this newbie gardener stock up my beds. I went home with more than I ever could have imagined.

I think I need to start planning NOW for next year!

It was great to finally see you all and put faces to the names I see here so often. Tara asked me to snap some photos of the swap, which I did. I'll post a few in a new thread.

Tracy

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Yes, a big THANK YOU to Tara. I hope you finally got some sleep!
    It turned out to be such a nice day, and everyone was great as usual.
    Kathy,
    If you had just blamed it on chatting all along, I would of understood: )
    Brenda,
    You're the best right back at you: ) My garden is going to look much better because of your plants.
    Remy

• magicman2u
    17 years ago

Well it looks like I missed a real good time. I was so looking forward to meeting all of you! I just couldn't get out of work Sunday. I want to thank everyone for letting Penny pick some plants for me. I was gonna send her with some of mine to swap ....I just never managed to make it over to her house. I really didn't expect her to bring back plants for me ...but what can I say you girls/guys are all great people! I am so looking forward to planting them ...especially the Brugs! Thanks again .....I will make it next year for sure!...Wayne
    P.S. Penny your awesome!

• lucy925
    17 years ago

Hi Tara, Thanks again for a great day, the weather even ended up being nice. I planted 20 plants today and still have more to go. I felt like a kid in a candy store- even got a couple of magazines! and the food, we managed to get a great variety and all good.
    On the way home my sister Ellen said "what a nice bunch of people, lets see what can I bring next year". The day was so well organized, and you are so gracious Tara.
    Linda

• hammerl
    17 years ago

Sorry I couldn't make it. I love going to the swap. But this year I had surgery not so long ago, was so behind on things, and still have really low energy (I suspect I may be anemic right now...) and I just really wasn't up for the drive. So naturally, for once, you had beautiful weather, not hot enough to wilt everything like the past two years!

Looking forward to next year if I can...

• penny1947
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well I have some of my new acquisitions planted. The Iris must be really happy because it is still blooming. I wasn't sure where I was going to put my cute little blue fescue but I think I found the perfect spot for it too and it looks so much nicer than my beat up old dustry miller that was in that spot. I actually did dig up some more space this morning so i would have more room for more of my adopted plants.

Penny

• faltered
    17 years ago

I got most of my new babies in the ground last night. The iris from Gottagarden went in Sunday right away and it is still blooming. Must be happy!

I didn't need to create any new garden space but I did have to move a few things around. Next year I'll need to enlarge the gardens for sure!

Tracy

• rbirch
    17 years ago

Well I did not get any plants in the ground yet, but I do wish to thank Tara for an awesome day. I enjoyed seeing everybody again and meeting some new folks too. Everything was perfect, Next year I gotta get in on the swap thing, there was some cool things there. Anyway thanks again everybody. Glen

• marybz5ny
    17 years ago

Okay, better late than never.

Big thanks to Tara for hosting another great swap. A really fun time as usual. It was great to see everyone and to meet some new local gardening friends.

Thanks to you all for some great plants and the gardening magazines which I'm still enjoying.
    Mary

• kryta
    17 years ago

Hi all sorry so late in posting, I just found this post =) Well Marek and I both want to thank everybody. We both had a really good time, it was well worth the drive. I am very surprised Marek had such a good time he is normally not really into things like this =) On the way home he was already talking about next years swap!! Thank you everybody for all the beautiful plants that you gave us we really did hit the motherlode. Tara your house is amazing and the swap ran so smoothly. Remy thanks so much for the prearranged trades your plants are great! I have gotten everything in the ground I think it took us like two weekends to get everything in. Everything is looking really good which is great. Once again thanks everybody. Also everybody, please feel free to contact me if there are any mags you are looking for I am more than willing to send them out to you. =) Thank you to everybody for making me and marek feel so welcome!

Kristin

• penny1947
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kristin,
    I am really glad to know that you and Marek enjoyed the swap. I am still enjoying the magazines you brought b/c that is one thing that I seldom get a chance to purchase for myself. I am sure that I can speak for everyone that we look forward to seeing you both again next year.

Penny

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Kristin,
    That is nice to hear Marek had a good time too. I told my Babci about how there was a guy originally from Poland at the swap. She thought it was funny how I told him I only know a few words like dupa, lol.
    I'm glad to hear you got everything in the ground! I still hava few items in pots, lol. I did have a pretty good size pot ghetto before the swap though! My husband keeps muttering about how insane I am, lol.
    I hope you'll come again next year.
    Mary,
    I have huge buds on my daylily! I'm excite to see it bloom any time now.
    Remy

• husky004_
    17 years ago

Kristen, glad you and Marek enjoyed yourself, im still slowly sifting through the magazines and really enjoying them, will make for some great fall and winter reading. I always enjoy seeing everyone but it is great when we add some new people to our crazy group. I love watching how timid they start out then by the end they are grabbing everything they can get their hands on lol. Was funny watching Marek figure out how he was gonna fit it all in the car.
    Remy-my husband is shaking his head too, weather wasn't as cooperative as last year so im still trying to catch up, he got so frustrated(I think!) that he planted out the front for me lol. I still got the ghetto pot thingy going but hey summer ain't over yet!

• penny1947
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Pot ghetto....I LOVE IT! I guess I still have one of those too. Hey Remy, let us know when the ton Garden walk is. Are you participating this year? We will have to get together either at the walk or before.

You are not going to believe it but my yuccas sprouted sometime between Sunday and this morning and are about 2 inches tall. I have 3 so one has your name on it. I had given up on them and set the unsprouted containers in a corner on the side of the house. Haven't watered them in a couple of weeks and there they were this morning! I did give them a drink right away.

Penny

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville