Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy Hardy Hibiscus

Posted by mstrainer (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 29, 06 at 21:15

Hello again.

I have been visiting a lot of nurseries and no one seems to carry any Hardy Hibiscus. Anyone know of a nursery in the Utica/Rome/Syracuse area that carries some varities of Hardy Hibiscus?

Thanks a bunch.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy Hardy Hibiscus

I bought some gorgeous hardy hibiscus last year in August at the Regional Market in Syracuse. Great prices and selections and the plants were very healthy. I plan on getting one or two more this year.

o

I think they usually come in around bloom time which is late summer.

Penny

o

I see the Hardy Hibisscus plants have made it to our garden centers this past week.

Penny

o

• Posted by kareen z5 NY Renss.Co. (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 15, 06 at 9:55

You are so right Penny, saw a bunch at Hewitts Garden Center ...not sure if you have that one out your way. Kareen

o

Isn't the Rose of Sharon a Hardy Hibiscus? If not, can anyone explain the difference? Always thought ROS were pretty common. Thanks, Sandy

o

• Posted by kareen z5 NY Renss.Co. (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 19, 06 at 23:41

Same family and genus, different species.
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/2934/
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/982/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here