Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help, Roundup!

Posted by mudlady Syracuse-z5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 19, 13 at 11:41

My cleaning lady/petsitter/gardener sprayed Roundup around all the trunks of the trees and now some of the leaves and seeds are turning color and shriveling. Are these trees going to die or is only this year's foliage affected? They are all trees planted within the past 7 years.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help, Roundup!

You will probably have a better chance of getting a response if ypu post this in a different section.

o

Mudlady - That sure comes under the heading of "What was s/he thinking??????" Hoping it is only a temporary setback with no permanent damage. Is it possible that the intense heat of late has distressed the trees somewhat?

We had our doublewide pressure washed last month and had been assured that the cleaner was eco-friendly, etc. Well, the smell of chlorine lingered for several days and several plants were pretty much knocked out - one being a clematis I had nursed for 3 years. I've left the affected plants in the ground with the hope that they will come back next year.

PS, how is the pet gate working out?

o

I killed azaleas that way. Probably shallow roots and green bark of trees can take up the Roundup. Best luck!

But things can happen. I used a Bayer grass and weed killer on lawn grass, thought I was reading 'crab'grass on the label.... I am still learning.

o

Lo and behold, this appeared yesterday! Now if it can just survive what is forecast as a frigid winter........

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here