Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smeagain

DAYLILIES--Please..a stupid answer to my stupid question??

smeagain
15 years ago

First, let me introduce myself. I'm relatively new to gardening, and live in upstate NY. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I've become "bulb crazy," (LOL), and have had good luck.

The garden is a work in progress, and I'd love to add more bulbs (I do fill in with a few annuals) for summer blossoms. I noticed what looked like late-blooming daffs througout our area, and thought they'd be a nice addition. With a little research, however, I've discovered that they're yellow daylilies. I have just the spot for them, but have a couple of questions:

These flowers appear to re-bloom and a number of them seem to emerge from a single, neat mound--do you get this from a single bulb?

Also, the planting season for our area is "April-May." Since I planted spring flower bulbs in the fall (again, I'm a novice), would I really plant daylily bulbs in April or May and then expect to see flowers just a month or so later? Seems like they wouldn't have enough time to become established.

Thanks for your help. I've enjoyed reading through the topics, and look forward to checking in as often as I can.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting