Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurelin_gw

Blooming in my garden - what's in YOUR garden?

laurelin
17 years ago

Hello all,

I got a digital camera for my birthday (WOOHOO!), and I can't seem to stop taking pictures of my garden. So, here are a few to brighten the day. What catches your eye in YOUR garden this week? (Sorry for the extra-large first photo - I'm still trying to resize some of these.)

Laurel

Rose Of Sharon 'Blue Bird'

Daylily 'Chicago Apache'

Lily 'Bergamo'

Daylilies and 'Becky' daisies

{{gwi:196938}}
Lily 'Arena' and perovskia

Comments (9)

• von1
    17 years ago

Good pics. Don't you just love the digital advantages!!! Here is one of my island beds. It is edged with a hosta named Allan Mcconnell. There are also, patriot hosta, japanese maple ,lilys, anemone, epimedium ,tiarella plus bulbs that the foliage has finally died down.

• Aurore
    17 years ago

Hey Laurel
    Download irfanview. It's a free download at www.irfanview. com. I use it all the time to resize my pictures. Real simple. All you have to do is open the picture under file then click resize under image. I love being able to share pics of my garden.

Here is a link that might be useful: my webpage

• laurelin
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, aurore! I'll check that out. I'm slowing getting the hang of this digital camera thing. . . .

{{gwi:655047}}
    Daylily 'Zagora'

{{gwi:677821}}
    No ID daylily, possibly 'Rocket City'

{{gwi:195091}}
    Fuchsia 'Gartenmeister Bonstedt'

{{gwi:193366}}
    Stokesia

Laurel

• gottagarden
    17 years ago

Love your daylilies! What beautiful colors! Wished you lived close by so we could trade.

I love my digital camera, I take more pictures of my garden than my kids. (At least the plants hold still.)

Your flowers look great, looking forward to seeing more photos over time.

• laurelin
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, gottagarden! I've gotten some really nice kid pics this week too, but I don't want to put those up for public display. What a broken world we live in, but that's what we have to deal with. (And yes, the plants are MUCH easier to "pose"!) I'll post more garden pictures soon - I'm having too much fun with the camera.

Laurel

• dkotchey
    17 years ago

Hi Laurel!! That's so awesome that you got a digital camera.:) I remember you saying at the garden swap that you wanted one! I love my camera (actually my hubbies). There seems to be some kind of connection with the digital camera & flowers. I use a free software called Picasa to organize my pictures. You can label the pictures and search on label names. You may already know about it but if not, see the link below. I just love the software!

I haven't taken too many pics of my perennials this time of year. Some of my gardens are recovering from being flooded out - that usually has the later blooming plants. They are doing ok but not worth taking pictures of. LOL! And I tore my ACL in my knee on Jul 3rd. I'm just getting back into the garden. I have quite the mess out there. Once I finish cleaning things up I'll have something to take pictures of.

But I do have some pictures of my annuals that I winter sowed. Most are on my deck.

Full View of My Deck

Back side of Deck

Front side of Deck

Nicotiana Apricot (winter sown)

Petunia Burgundy (winter sown)

Containers on Deck stairs withe Coreopsis Moonbeam in the background

Here is a link that might be useful: Picasa

• laurelin
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh, how lovely Debbie! Your yard is so peaceful and attractive. Do you need any plants to replace the flood-damaged/destroyed ones? Come on over and I'll share.

I'm sorry to hear about your knee - I can see where that would put a serious limitation on your gardening. I had a few weeks in July with back issues where I didn't garden as much as usual, but the chiropractor I've started seeing seems to be helping my back and I can do more now. In fact, I've got a date with some weeds today. . . .

I can't resist posting a few more pictures:

Daylily 'Gentle Shepherd' (a lovely flower, but not a strong plant).

Mixed daylilies, shasta daisy 'Becky' and heliopsis 'Lorraine Sunshine.'

Self-sown snapdragons from last year's winter sowing, and buddleia 'Plum Purple.'

Laurel

• dkotchey
    17 years ago

Oh my Laurel - your gardens are just full of color! Your daylilies look wonderful. :) The yellow and white combo is refreshing looking. I'm glad to see the helopsis blooming. That caught my eye during the swap.

Thanks for offering plants to share. I do have plenty. I didn't loose anything but alot of plants have been really yellow at the base and leggy from so much water (and neglect). There's always next year! On the brighter side lot of my winter sown perennials from last year that I have in another garden are loving the moisture and have grown leaps and bounds.

Keep the pictures coming !!!

Here's a few more pics of mine ...

Gaillardia Goblin

Daylily - unkown

Rudbeckia Goldstrum

Hollyhock Queenie

• laurelin
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, Debbie! I'm having WAY too much fun with this camera. Let's see what else I've uploaded:

{{gwi:194146}}
    Daylilies 'Egyptian Spice' (peach) and 'Mary Todd' (yellow).

My unknown red daylily - VERY vigorous and long-blooming.

{{gwi:194145}}
    Early-mid June containers and iris 'Edith Wolford.' The containers are all crispy now, not nearly as nice in spite of my best efforts at watering. 95 degrees was not kind to them. . . .

Laurel

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living