Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dry Creekbed after Hellacious Thunderstorm

Posted by Wantoretire_Did z4 NY (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 14, 05 at 18:46

This was the worst thunderstorm we have experienced in nearly 2 years here. Lots of yard cleanup tomorrow :-(

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dry Creekbed after Hellacious Thunderstorm

It was something else, alright. I had to leave work just as round 2 of it kicked up. Hydro-planing half the way home.
I hope there wasn't too much damage for you.

o

Not any real damage, just many branches from 2 weeping willows, which is nothing unusual. I just found out that the muddy appearance in the water was over a yard of a neighbor's newly delivered dirt. A pond across the street from them overflowed into several yards, including theirs, then on into ours.

I just looked at your website. Did you put something over all of the containers? Looks like some kind of snow protection, like a lightweight tarp. I thought I'd give WS a try this year; that and some lasagna areas to cook over the winter.

Carol

o

I would be so sad if I ordered a load of dirt and it got swept away!! I feel bad for you and your neighbor.

I forgot I had that webpage (haven't updated it in a LONG time!).
I actually had those containers on the porch on makeshift shelves, and some were just sitting on the porch. They all got covered by snow just by the weather itself.
This was my first year WSing and my first big year of trying to grow more than just herbs and Impatiens bought at the store. It was a HUGE success! So i highly recommend WSing (especially if you want a lot of variety for a fraction of the cost).
Here's the link to the results of my WSing this year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Some of my WSing bounty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here