Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vic447

Mead's Nursery in Queensbury NY

vic447
11 years ago

Thumbs up! Not only were the plants healthy in the heat but, when I pointed out that a tree had a nest with baby birds they marked it sold to protect them

Comments (6)

• booberry85
    11 years ago

I'm not near Queensbury, but I'm always glad to read a good story. Glad the birds were protected.

• melfinn
    11 years ago

Hi I am living in Glens Falls. My mom used to shop at Meads when i was younger. I should go check them out. Just wanted to say "hi" to a fellow gardener from the area!!

• vic447
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's always nice to get a "hi" from a gardener in the area :)
    Where do you like to do your "shopping" !?

• melfinn
    11 years ago

I usually shop at Hewitts. It is kinda funny as I don't think they take the best care of their plants but I have rescued some Mandevilles from Hewitts that grew like crazy! I have been known to buy Shasta ans such flowers at Wal-Mart and Lowes. And have had good results. Right now I only have a container garden. We just moved into this house last year and rent so I want to be sure we are staying here before I put plants in the ground. Next year I will be going crazy planting! I had to cut back my mandevilles and cried, the vines were 12 feet long and still flowering but I don't trust these cold nights. Just getting the rest of the perennials put up for the coming winter. Sorry that got long!

• Sunraya
    10 years ago

Hi,
    I am a neighbor, also, and I love Meads. The people are lovely, the plants are wonderfuL

Dreaming of spring okay!

• lovetogarden
    10 years ago

Hi All, I also live in Glens Fall. I like Meads too. I also like Toadflax, though they are EXPENSIVE. They wanted the price of a tree to plant the tree. Gardentime charges only half the price of the tree and Meads told me 'about' a certain price - seems the guy working there wasn't even sure. In fairness to Toadflax they have good prices on the best topsoil I've ever used. It was dark, rich soil, totally free of rocks and stones with an ocassional whiff of cow manure. LOL! Never had such a healthy lawn in my life. At Hewitts I got a huge pot of Daffs and a huge pot of hyacinths for under 10 bucks 3 weeks ago. The blooms are finally dying down now. It was a great deal. Hewitts also has varieties of plants that I never seen anywhere else and their prices are very reasonable. I guess they have to be competing with Lowes right across the street. Anyway, nice to know there are fellow gardeners living in my area.

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms