Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
green_panther

Plant Swap - Early September

green_panther
16 years ago

I know this board doesnt get very much traffic. BUT>>> I have a plant shipment that should be coming in September and that means - MAJOR GARDEN OVERHAUL. I am already planning stuff in my head! I will most likely have a few plants to trade and would love to chat with some people locally - and maybe we can get together.

Mindy

Comments (13)

• gottagarden
    16 years ago

Where exactly do you live?

• green_panther
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I live in Martville NY - A tiny little town with only a post office! I am about 20 minutes from Oswego/Fulton and 50 minutes from Syracuse. Is there anyone within convenient driving distance of me? LOL, I doubt it.

• chicoryflower
    16 years ago

Green Panther, I'm in Ithaca, but I've got a ton of plants to dig up and unload.

• gottagarden
    16 years ago

Green panther, sorry, you're a bit far for me :-(

• green_panther
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Chicoryflower... watch this posting and I will let you know when my plants come in and I start digging. Maybe we can meet half way or something.

• sdpa
    16 years ago

Mindy:
    I live in Syracuse a could meet you.
    I'm new to gardening (gardens are only a few years old). I do have a few plants (e.g., bachelor button, veronica spicatta) that I think need to be divided.
    Sara

• green_panther
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, I got half of the plants in a shipment on Friday BUT have to wait for the other half that are backordered!!!!! GRRR!!! They say mid-September.... we will see.

• green_panther
    Original Author
    16 years ago

YAY! The bulbs arrived! Saturday is the day!

• sdpa
    16 years ago

Yea! I always love it when boxes of goodies arrive in the mail, UPS, whatever. I just got some seeds in the mail the other day.
    Sara

• penny1947
    16 years ago

I am still waiting patiently for my Red Buckeye to arrive that I ordered last Sunday.....Hopefully it will be here by Monday to replace a maple that died and had to be removed. I shipped out some La. Irises to a gardener in Alabama on Wednesday and she already has them planted in the ground. Last week I got a Crossvine from one of our humgardeners in Philly and it is in the ground around my arbor. Thursday I removed quite a few hostas, since I know longer have a mostly shade garden to pass along to a new local gardener who just got married and moved into a new home and included some irises and a couple of Lily of the valley I know this is a swap thread but just wanted to emphasize the excitement we gardeners experience when we receive or share plants and seeds to further promote our addiction.

Penny

• green_panther
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Saturday I rearranged the garden and got everyone in cozy for the fall! The following plants are available - I prefer pick up but can arrange other wise.

Avens "Cooky" - potted division
    Tiger "Ditch" lily - bare root
    Ornamental Oregano - potted division
    White Iris, large blooms - bare root

See my exchange page for pictures of the parent plants or go to the link.

Keep an eye on here for a day or so - it may get updated with more stragglers!

Here is a link that might be useful: Mirandas Plants for Trade

• green_panther
    Original Author
    16 years ago

HI Guys,

due to the slow traffic on here I am moving this post to the exchange thread so these plants can get in the ground asap.

Miranda

• green_panther
    Original Author
    16 years ago

These plants are now gone - thank you for your interest and happy gardening

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES