Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hammerl

Name the plants (or are they weeds?)

hammerl
17 years ago

Need help. Have 2 plants. One came from a very weedy yard of a friend after she'd bought the house from an ardent gardener who had to move, the other I don't know if I planted or it's just a weed up from seed.

Plant 1 is a periwinkle color, very pale bluish. It bloomed in early July. It had flowers that were maybe 3" across with a wide center and narrow petals similar to a gerber daisy. I think its stems and leaves are rather hairy. The buds put me in mind of strawflower. It's definitely not cornflower. It's not quite a foot tall. It gets a good deal of sun. It's not knapweed, nor is it all that pink. It's not cupid's dart.

Plant 2 is blooming now. It has a graduated spike with a deep bluish color flower up and down the stem that puts me in mind of a bell flower if it took up with a fan flower. It just started blooming. It's about 15" or so tall, and is in part sun. I think it has pointed ovoid leaves. It looks a little weedy, but then again I've said that about other plants I have (take the sea holly, for instance).

Any thoughts?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Columbus Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions