Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Edgewood Nursery (auction site) is now retail

Posted by breenthumb z5upstateNY (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 17, 06 at 23:23

Just a heads up that Edgewood Nursery where those fabulous auctions have been held is now open to the public. I haven't been there (except for a quick drive-through with driver who wouldn't stop, grrr) but I'll bet its a good place to visit for those trees, etc. as we start fall planting season. Next time I'll drive out alone. Its on Rt. 441 (Penfield Rd.) in Macedon, just East of Penfield. Sandy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Edgewood Nursery (auction site) is now retail

Ha, I was just telling my hubby that going anywhere with him driving is like being held hostage.

o

Hey breenthumb,

We live walking distance from the nursery. Went to the auction in the spring and picked up 2 nice maples. Prices are quite amazing. Selection is hit or miss. Last year there wasn't much we were interested in but this year I bid on quite a bit. There were quite alot of trees this time. There's also Country Way on 441 kinda expensive during the year but they also had an auction maybe 2 years ago. Don't know if that was a one time thing.

denise

o

Denise, hi neighbor, you're not far from me. Did you mean selection is hit or miss for the auction or on a regular basis? I've been to Country Way too and also found them expensive but good selection. Still not sure what I should do here, so haven't been out that way again yet. Sandy

o

Hi Sandy,

The selection is hit or miss. I think they must pick and choose what doesn't look quite up to wholesale standards. You know what I mean. But the bargains are hard to pass up and in a couple of years you wouldn't know the difference. It was still fun to bid on things.

denise

o

House on the corner of our road has lots of evergreens from last years auction that seem to be doing fine. (Hard to tell with the several cypress, I'm not familiar with their growth.) The ones he bought were good size, had huge root balls and he dug them all in himself! He was trying to make a mini-forest between house and busy road, so the auction was a great savings. I must get back there. Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here