Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeanie_gw

Let's Post Our End of Season Sales/Finds

jeanie
18 years ago

Hi There,

Let post our end of season sale and finds. Spread the wealth, so to speak. Sales should be starting soon. I LOVE a deal, relly love it when I get more plants for my money. With the cost of gas who can afford to drive all over looking for deals.

To start off I suggest people in the Rochester area, check out Grossman's website to find out their specials they have some good coupons under shopping. http://www.grossmans.com/

Good Hunting,

Jeanie

Here is a link that might be useful: Grossman's Country Nursery

Comments (15)

• lilylouise
    18 years ago

This is a great idea.
    Kirby's, just west of Brockport on 104 has a wonderful selection of perennials. Most are on sale for 25-30% off. I also got some shrubs at Wally World for half off. Thankfully it's cool enough now to get out into the garden to do the planting.
    lil

• jeanie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Today I hit Chase Pitkin in Webster really picked over all perennials are 50% Off. Shrubs and trees all gone. They said they are getting their fall stock on Friday.
    Lowes ahd a lot of perennials marked 50% but nothing exciting although I did get some sedum, huge must be 3-4 feet for $3.50. I"m trying to stay away from Grossmans, as I am leaving for vacation for three weeks. BUT.........

• gottagarden
    18 years ago

Haas Nursery on Route 20 in Alexander is going out of business. Sunday is their last day, and then they have an auction Sept 10 with whatever is remaining.

All gallon perennials are $2. Shrubs are $10. Trees are $25. In gallon perennials I got blue lyme grass, aubrieta, lychnis viscaria, curly sedge, and lots more. For trees they have a limited selection, but sunburst locust, spruce, fruit trees, birches, maples, ash, etc. Still lots to choose from, but not much time. Also half price on all pruners, fertilizers, garden stuff.

• mulchy
    18 years ago

Gottagarden,
    I went to Haas yesterday---got a nice set of pruners, 4 perennials, a cute egg plant, which is only an annual, did not get any cuttings!!!!
    Mulchy

• laurelin
    18 years ago

The box stores aren't known for variety, but I was quite happy to pick up clearance trolllius at HD and a nice healthy 'Cinnamon Glow' daylily at Lowe's (both stores near Binghamton). All the Lowe's daylilies were $3, but most of them were Stellas or Fragrant Treasure. We'll see if the CG daylily is what it's supposed to be come spring. . . .

Laurel

• lblack61
    18 years ago

I went to Lowe's in Oswego and got a 1/2 gallon pot of Coral Bells for 2 bucks.
    I also bought four strawberry pots of hens and chicks there for a buck each about three weeks ago (I mostly wanted the pots) and put the plants in the ground. They were near death, but in the ground, a couple of them are doing well.

• Dottie B.
    18 years ago

I got two gallon size butterfly bushes for $.99 each at the new Lowe's in Cicero. They also had the same daylilies mentioned above for $3.33 each. There were baskets and baskets of gazanias for $.99 each, but I did not get any of those. I plan on visiting some more places this weekend, so will try and report back to you what's around the Liverpool/Clay/Cicero area.

• lblack61
    18 years ago

Hmm...I'll have to check out the Lowe's in Cicero. My SIL wants a butterfly bush really badly.

• gottagarden
    18 years ago

Sara's in Brockport has all perennials 40% off. Next week it's 50% off. Guess what I did today . . . .

• LNMP
    18 years ago

Here in the Capital Region, Faddegon's on Route 7 in Latham/Colonie has a sign advertising all perennials are 50% off. Not sure what's left but I'll have to check it out!

• adkmountaingirl
    18 years ago

Also for you capital district gardeners, Lowes in Saratoga has a small selection of perennials for $1. Unfortunately most looked pretty sad. I ended up picking up 3 blue scabiosa (pincushion flower) plants. Although they also looked kind've neglected, they looked healthier than the rest. I'll baby them this fall and I'll be hoping for healthy new shoots when they come up next spring! I can't really go wrong for my total investment of $3.00 ~ can I?! :o)

adkmountaingirl
    Wilton, NY

• Dottie B.
    18 years ago

Still more markdowns to be found at Lowes in Cicero. Got gallon sized pots of Pincushion Flower, Minister Phlox, and Helena Flower (Red and Gold) for $1 each. All in really good shape.

• lilacs_and_hyacinths
    18 years ago

I just returned from Lowe's in Orchard Park. They have lots of Goldenrod and Stonecrop for twenty-five cents, in fairly good condition. Also on the quarter rack is a few Agastache, Coreopsis and Paprika Yarrow. Their condition is fair, I'm sure they could be brought along with some TLC.

At this same Lowe's, many Mums are marked down to ten cents. They are in good condition and available in all the basic colors, except purple... I think I got the last of them. :)

• hammerl
    18 years ago

The Lowe's in Amherst just opened in September, but I still got a pink balloon flower for a buck and a pretty sedum for the same amount. I also bought and abandoned (on the wagon I used to pull the plants to the car) a pair of nice garden stakes, so I have to go back to Lowe's since they told me they'd replace them despite my absentmindedness.

I plan to hit the local stores this week for some late season finds and some pansies.

• lilacs_and_hyacinths
    18 years ago

Home Depot in Cheektowaga has trees at 50% off, all other nursery stock at 33% off the regular price. Selection is still fairly good.