Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
penny1947_gw

Internet problems...unable to access forum

penny1947
17 years ago

I have been having internet connection issues for over a month now. First it was b/c the squirrels had chewed the cable lines and now Time Warner is telling me that there is a high speed issue in the Buffalo/Niagara area. There are days when I can't get online or get mail at all so for those that may have emailed me and didn't get a reply that is why. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

Husky & Remy, don't know if you have emailed me or not and don't know if it is too late in the year to get together. I do still have seed for you both. Am doing cuttings now of some salvias so I don't have to bring the big plants in for the winter this year.

Penny

Comments (7)

• adirondackgardener
    17 years ago

You're not alone, Penny. When Adelphia service was taken over by Time Warner, I had incredible problems, with no service for big parts of the day on a regular basis. My business depends on reliable internet connection for not only email, and internet access but to send and receive large drawing files. My phone service is also through the internet so when the cable goes down, I am dead in the water. (Nothing to do but go out and work in the garden.)

I just moved over the last few weeks and thought I was going to be in trouble since there is no cable out in this remote part of the Adirondacks, but I was surprised that high-speed DSL was available and I find the connection speed to be acceptable, even for VOIP. And it hasn't gone down even once since I've been here.

Of course, you can't watch Wheel Of Torture and other mindless TV junk over the DSL line.

Wayne

• penny1947
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wayne,
    We are still waiting for Verizon to move into our part of town but so far all we have available is cable and time warner is it. As soon as we can get Verizon, it will be good bye to time warner!

Penny

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi Penny,
    I was wondering where you went! And I am an idiot. It just hit me that I do have your phone number. Well, I'm glad it was just bad internet service that kept you away.
    I took a great leap of faith and I planted the Salvias, Black and Blue and VanRemsen, along the south side of the house where Tutti Fruitti is happy. I also planted the Red Yucca there. I have no room left at the inn, lol. I aquired a blue passion fruit vine, so that has to come in. I'm also taking cuttings of my Red Leaf Hibiscus because that is tropical. So along with my other items like the Brug, and the Key Lime, I really do not have room where there is enough light.
    I also feel like I got seeds in a trade that I thought you would possibly like, but I can't remember of what right now! I'm losing my mind,lol.
    Remy

• husky004_
    17 years ago

Penny & Remy, I'd still love to get together, garden is fading but maybe you can at least see the brugs in bloom. Got a wedding this Saturday but open all the rest of the time. Husky

• gottagarden
    17 years ago

Brugs in bloom??!! Please post photos! My brug has lots of buds right now, I'm hoping they bloom before frost. Next year they will get in earlier.

My passion vine has just started blooming and it's gorgeous! Thanks Kathy

• penny1947
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Husky
    I have my internet problems hopefully fixed. I sent you and Remy and email. The first one I sent came back as I put dot com instead of dot net so I resent the one I sent to Remy to you. I think I am pretty much open so will see what Remy has available.

Penny

• pamghatten
    17 years ago

I tried to switch from Adelphia to Verizon DSL, but canceled the DSL in the first week. Since I'm in a rural area, I'm too far from the Verizon "switching station (?)" to get reliable service. It was AWFUL!! The 3rd tech I spoke to told me it was definitely my computer ... what nonsense.

I learned a lesson ... I googled Verizon DSL after I signed up and read all the complaints about their service too. Though not everyone has a problem. Being rural was really a problem.

Thank goodness for the 30 day money back guarantee ...

Pam
    S Wales, NY

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists