Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mountain lion in upstate ny

Posted by isawa_lion none (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 1, 13 at 14:33

I saw a mountain lion in Clifton Park, NY, Grooms road to be exact. It was witnessed by my passenger and I, I wouldnt of believed it unless i saw it with my own eyes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mountain lion in upstate ny

I'm in Glens Falls. Clifton Park is south of me. Wow. I've seen plenty of Lynx when I lived further north but never a mountain Lion. Did you do a internet search on whether they live up here?

It just occurred to me that maybe this belonged to someone and it got out. I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

o

Are you sure? YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE POLICE!
Clifton Park is densely populated, I live there! Grooms Road, WOW, I live on Appletree Lane, 2 miles North, what a scare. I better keep a long knife and sharp spade with me, wear a jacket and hat when in the garden, tell my family about it. Bernd

o

Someone just sent me a link to this thread, I only post in the GW Tomato Forum, so didn't see it and just reporting that I live just outside the village of Salem, NY, between Cambridge and Granville and someone I know very well saw a Mountain Lion farther up on my road.

I know this person very well, a hunter and knows a lot and she wasn't the only one to see it.

The person who sent me the link knows I've had major problems with Black Bears and said, what if, what if, here kitty kitty. LOL

Carolyn

o

Just adding that in this AM's Glens Falls Post Star there was an article about MountainLion sightings and it was said that they, also called panthers, have been extinct in the NE for many years. The article was in reference to one supposedly attacking a horse in Queensbury, which is in the GF area. The vets involved said the cuts were superficial and could not be attributed to a Mountain Lion.

Rarely does one pass through from the south or midwest but no confirmation as to one being killed and confirmed as being a true Mountain Lion.

No doubt that what was being seen were bobcats.

Carolyn

Carolyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here