Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remy_gw

Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest

remy_gw
15 years ago

Hi All,

The party was a great success. The weather wasn't all that bad, and I'm so glad the rains held off until today. Thanks to all of you who attended in making it a great party. For those of you who couldn't make it, hopefully you can next year. We have decided to hold it the Sat. after Labor Day every year.

Here's shot of some of the tomatoes. Yes, there were a lot more than this!

There are more pics on the link below. The pics are Hilde's. When there, you can click the link to the left(green arrow, back to Buff-Niag...) to see my party pics too.

Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Hilde's Party Pics

Comments (6)

• virgiebaby165
    15 years ago

Had a wonderful time with seeing friends made from last year and Hilde's Mom, Aunt, and Dad from Norway. Charlotte and I thank you and hubby very much...and the tomatos of course were great. Tara's baby, Ivy, was so so sweet and seeing Marilyn, Mark, and Tauna again was the frosting on the cake. Food excellent as always and it truly did not rain, a little sprincing only! Thanks to your family for hosting. Have fun canning up the remains....

Ginny

• husky004_
    15 years ago

Sorry I missed it again Remy, hopefully next year!

• fleethart
    15 years ago

Thank you! i had a wonderful time. So many delicious and interesting tomatoes! Good company and I learned something too! It was good to see my new friends from the spring swap.
    Cheers,
    Tauna

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ginny,
    I canned 13 jars! One broke though: ( Still that's a pretty good amount. I'm going to save some for next year for raffle prizes like I did this year.
    Sheryl won the big heirloom tomato poster. I for the life of me can't remember who won the cheese knife set. The rest of the goodies I just let people pick whatever they wanted.

Kathy,
    I sure hope you can make it next year!(Penny too!) I've been trying to bribe you with beer and good food. I'm not sure what else I can do, lol. Umm... next year there will be male dancers?

Tauna,
    I'm glad you could make it! Hilde already emailed me saying we need to plan a trip to visit you.
    Remy

• husky004_
    15 years ago

Remy-Vodka and male dancers just might persuade me lol...no honestly the tomatoes would do it but it's a tough weekend for me...anniversary weekend for Bob and me (was 36 this year) and also primary weekend so im always busy with my political bs but I really want to make it next year!

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kathy,
    I forget it is your anniversary weekend. Congrats on 36 years! Well, next year will be less of a political happening year so maybe you can squeeze in some party time. : )
    Remy