Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phylrae

I need to part with my roses INEXPENSIVELY in spring

phylrae
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

My husband Gary and I have been growing about 75 roses pretty successfully for about ten years now. :0) I am really sad to admit that the older we are getting, the work involved in spraying for fungus, etc. is getting to be too much for us. I work fulltime all summer now too, so have less time to take care of them. We need to get rid of most of them and replace with either grass or easy-care perennials, bulbs etc.

We may keep some of them, but will want to find homes for most of them in the spring....they have been beautiful and prolific...it is so hard for me to part with them!

I would like to ask for about $5 each or maybe sell them in groups of 5/$20 or so....or 10/$30....many of them were purchased at much higher prices, some are on multiflora rootstock (winter-hardy)from Pickering or Palatine nurseries (Canada), some are own-root (Roses Unlimited or Northland Rosarium), some are from David Austin Roses Unlimited or Jackson & Perkins, and some are from local nurseries.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. We have quite a few hybrid teas, floribundas, Austin English roses etc.

My husband and I are in Baldwinsville, just a stones' throw west of Syracuse!

Thanks everyone!

:0) Phyl

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz