Hey folks, less than one week to go.
HOMEGROWN, an extraordinary documentary, shown FREE in Syracuse
About the Family
The Dervaes Family (Jules, Anais, Justin & Jordanne)
Since the mid 1980s, Jules Dervaes and his family have steadily worked at transforming an ordinary residential lot in Pasadena, California into a verdant oasis in the midst of the city. On their small fifth of an acre they are striving to be a self-sustaining urban homestead complete with bio diesel power, solar energy, and wastewater management. These eco-pioneers grow much of their own food and raise a menagerie of chickens, ducks, goats, and an occasional cat. They have been the subject of numerous articles in newspapers around the country, including The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times and on ABC's Nightline. Recently, they were featured on Sundance Channel's , Big Ideas For A Small Planet.
View the trailer at: http://www.homegrown-film.com/trailer.html
This special, independently produced film, will be shown free of charge
Westcott Community Center, Inc.
on October 3rd. Two screenings, 10:30 am and 12:30 pm.
|I have been to their website several times over the past few years. Their ideas are worth implementing even on a smaller scale. |
Return to the Upstate New York Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.