Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cats39

Need help with some weed and feed questions.

cats39
18 years ago

Hi All!

Well, from the looks of the upcoming weather I guess things will begin to wind down with the cooler air.

I know this may be OT for this Forum but before I go over to the Lawn Care Forum I hope you don't mind if I first ask if there is an Upstater or CNY'er whose used Lesco's Weed and Feed 18 2 9? I understand its an excellant product.

I do have some resevations about using a weed killer but my yard was a mess with weeds this year. I couldn't keep up with the pulling and a great deal went to seed.

I'm assuming the overgrowth was partly due to the extrememly warm weather as the weeds seem to be able to withstand the heat. In fact as you know they thrive especially after getting just a few sprinkles.

My biggest concerns are:

#1 Our pet dog ----

If I were to use this product how long in # of days should I wait for her to use the yard again?

#2 I don't own a broadcast spreader and Lesco suggest the use of this type. I have a dropspreader. My veg and Flower's are all in raised 6" to 8" beds but I still don't like the idea of broadcasting.....

I called their 800# and they said the problem with the drop spreader is it takes off some of the coating.

#3 If and when I were to use, what would be the best time table? (The end of Oct - after the first frost etc.)

I can't think of anything else more important than the above that concerns me and would be greatful if one of you experts can help.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Maybe someone out there can start up a thread -- "What are you doing to wind down."

Comments (2)