Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
snow!

Posted by herbalbetty z5NY (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 23, 05 at 7:07

So much for autumn this year. Last night after the heavy rains subsided, the snow started. Woke up to 2 inches coating everything. With all the leaves still on the trees (indeed, we are probably only at half fall color here), some plants are hurt. Hopefully, the apple branches that are touching the ground will recover. Ditto, the hydrangeas, spireas, lilacs, etc. ACK! We are in the northern Catskills. This is early for us!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: snow!

Still raining here in the Buffalo/Niagara region...no snow, no snow, no snow, no snow!!!!

Penny

o

SSShhhhhhhhhh! I don't want to hear it! I've still got too much fall cleanup to do.

o

We had a dusting here, but North of us, they got a few inches.
To early for me!

o

Oh my god! I haven't seen snow since 1978. Do they still put chains on car tires?

o

I was out of town teaching for a week and just returned. My husband said Tuesday night, we got 6 inches of snow. After it had rained 3 inches during the day. It's melted now, but yeesh - most of the leaves are on the trees!

o

6 to 8 inches here in the northen mountains. Heavy, wet snow, snapping limbs, especially on trees that still have leaves.

Coincidentally, the first deer showed up in the infenced garden the day after the storm.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here