Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Murraya Koenigii; Curry leaf tree seedlings

Posted by allgrnbrewer (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 29, 06 at 21:03

Hello all,
I have been growing Curry leaf trees (Murraya Koenigii) for quite a few years now after searching for these beautiful plants for many many years. My trees are now mature, very healthy and producing seeds. I have been germinating these seeds with close to 100% germination rate here in my home in NY.
If any one is interested in seeds (sent via priority mail) or seedlings (pick up only in upstate NY), please e-mail me at dsbdel@hotmail.com
It is very important to get fresh seeds as these seeds have limited viability following picking. I send my seed out one hour after pick them so you receive the freshest seeds possible...you recieve them in 2-4 days after picking them. Dry seeds that most seed farms sell are usually DOA...I've been down that road many times before...

If you have any questions regarding how to germinate, care for and use (cooking and medicinal) these plants, feel free to ask as I have probably worked through what ever situations you may be dealing with at the moment.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Murraya Koenigii; Curry leaf tree seedlings

• Posted by kareen z5 NY Renss.Co. (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 29, 06 at 23:33

The tree sounds interesting , are you keeping this as a house plant, (what I read on it says it is not hardy here) or have you pushed the hardiness envelope with success? Is it slow growing ? Thanks , Kareen

o

It does sound like an interesting tree. If it was a high nectar producing tree that my hummingbirds would use, I would definitely give it a shot. It would also make a good selection for those wanting a tropical or semitropical look to theri gardens.

Penny

o

I am hoping your curry leaf is still producing seeds. Would you let me know when you have any extra? I would love to get a plant growing here in Central California.

Thanks

Denece

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here