Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP; Roses after the Snow Storm

Posted by joyce58 Zone 5 NY (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 13, 11 at 12:43

Hello....I need advice concerning my roses that were smashed by a falling tree during the freak snow storm we had in late October.
We have removed the tree and I can now see that several rose branches are bent low ( almost to the ground ) and a few are dangling, as in half broken off....
Should I try to stake up the bent branches? I doubt that I should cut off the dangling ones....
Please send advice.
Thanks,
Joyce

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP; Roses after the Snow Storm

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 23, 11 at 22:12

Hi Joyce,
Sorry no one ever wrote back. I haven't been to visit this forum in awhile. If you haven't figured out what to do, it is ok. Doing nothing this time of year won't hurt a thing.
You do not need to stake anything. Broken branches can be cut off or left til spring to do the same.
Once spring rolls around, you can remove all the damaged canes. It is ok if you have to remove a lot from some. They will bounce back and grow like nothing ever happened.
Hope this helps,
Remy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here