Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bulbs coming up

Posted by wantoretire_did z4 NY (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 21, 06 at 19:48

Is there any way to prevent damage to bulbs that have peeked through with this warm weather? Sure don't want to miss them next spring. Mulch, or leave alone?

Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bulbs coming up

Carol
I had this happen a couple of years ago with daffodils. I actually had one of two to bloom. I just left them alone and they still came up in the spring. Others may have more sound advice for you.

Penny

o

In other years I've had a few "early birds" get confused during a warm break. I just leave them alone - they seem to bloom in the spring without any trouble. If they're in an exposed spot I might pat a little extra mulch around them, if I think about it. Otherwise, they just have to fend for themselves.

Laurel

o

My grape hyacinth actually start growing again this time of the year. Some even stay green all winter long. But they do bloom in the spring just like they should. I think they just need to stretch their legs from the summer break.

Tracy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here