Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grass suggestions

Posted by gr68 5a (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 10, 06 at 22:43

We just finished building a new house & don't know what to do with the yard. How do we go all winter without grass & not have a huge muddy lot? We also have 2 dogs to consider. I have visions of spending all winter cleaning very muddy paws. Please help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grass suggestions

1.You could roll out sod on the area where you want grass
2. You could lay out artificial turf
3. You could fill it in with stone and stepping stones

Penny

o
RE: Grass suggestions

My vote would be to have a load of mulched wood chips delivered and spread them out with rake. In the spring you could rake up and plant grass and reuse chips in garden or use for compost. Having them delivered would be cheaper than bags and this late in season I'd call around for a deal. Most places would be happy to get rid of them. A dollar in the hand and all that. Let us know what you decide
Jeanie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here