Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
matt_v

Invitation to My Place...

matt_v
19 years ago

Greetings All! I just finished a new section on my website. It depicts how we transformed our building lot into a haven for Birds and other wildlife. I felt this would better illustrate what I have planted and how I designed my beds. If you are bored, come have a look! Here is what to do...

Follow the link Below

Click ENTER

then, select YARD AND GARDEN

Feedback is most appreciated, contact me directly from my page as I am often busy and don't check here daily...

Here is a link that might be useful: www.fickity.net

Comments (12)

• cats39
    19 years ago

WOW!
    I'm gonna have to plan the whole month of Jan and Feb to check your website en total :>)
    I envy you because I know your to young to rest.

• Sue_in_NYC
    19 years ago

Hey, I just came up the Northway behind half of your house! ;^)

That's a fabulous spot, and website. I'm going to have to give it some serious perusal time.

My husband and I have a run-off from the mountain behind us in our back yard. The seller was mad at the town for not giving her a tax abatement for the inconvenience. I'm thrilled at the thought of what to plant there to attract birds and butterflies and bees and critters.

My bird-feeding in NYC was disastrous. I had neighbors threatening to sue me over the hundreds - and I do mean hundreds - of pigeons that discovered the smorgasbird. Here, the feeder took ONE DAY to draw the goldfinches! I'm on the lookout for grosbeaks and titmice and pine siskins.

Well done!

• kareen
    19 years ago

Wow, a great job Matt in really a short amount of time. It's great you got to expand your property too. Please keep those pictures coming.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our pond and gardens

• pamghatten
    19 years ago

Very cool ... I need to do the same with my place. I took a falling apart horse farm on 20 acres and have totally changed the house, grounds, and barns.

I have tons of photo's, but haven't done anything with them.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Farm and Flowers

• Bessboro
    19 years ago

A nice project you can be proud of and I bet you and your wife had fun doing it. I love landscape projects on my property also so I know of the prideand satisfaction you feel with all your great work for yourself and nature.Great website and I'll be checking out more of it. Thanks for sharing

• matt_v
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Greetings! Thanks to all for all the kind feedback and encouragement!! From time to time, I will add new photos to my Yard&Garden pages. Most of my effort now will ge geared toward my Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge Big Year...

• rouan
    19 years ago

Matt,

You have done a wonderful job in your yard! I spent a very agreeable time going through your yard and garden site. You and your wife are to be congratulated; it's beautiful! (and I can't wait to see the photos and progress report for 2005 lol)

• LNMP
    19 years ago

Very nice! I will have to look at more of your site as time allows (I'm on my lunch break!). I enjoyed looking at the 2004 garden pics. It's encouraging to learn that your baptisia finally bloomed after 3 years. This summer will be MY baptisia plant's third year, so I hope this is the one...

Love that 'Art's Pride' orange echineacea too!

• gottagarden
    19 years ago

Inspirational! That's great.

How did you get an aerial photo of your house and grounds? We have small planes over our house all the time, but no one has mailed me any pictures yet ;-)

• giniene
    19 years ago

Your site is beautiful! Good luck this summer in continuing expanding your garden.I just purchased 37 acres in Fultonville, we hope to be in by June or July. The house needs to be extended, it was small, but we just fell in love with the property. I can't wait to get there and start planting.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• giniene
    19 years ago

I don't know how to post 2 pictures from picturetrail.com in the same posting. Here is a pic of my natural pond on the property. It needs to be dressed up a bit once the spring comes, does anyone have any ideas?

Here is a link that might be useful:

• BruMeta
    19 years ago

Really fun to see evidence of vision, discipline and persistent work. Great job. In my opinion, you are addressing both landscape design and garden design. Please keep up the good work on your corner of Eden and its website. I look forward to seeing its ongoing development. Thanks for the enjoyable post.