Return to the Upstate New York Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Onondaga County Sales Tax guide?

Posted by erinluchsinger z4 - Upstate NY (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 13, 05 at 21:23

I'm trying to find a guide that lets me know what is taxable and what is not in NYS and Onondaga County? Anyone have an easy to understand website they can send me to?
Thanks!
Erin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Onondaga County Sales Tax guide?

• Posted by shimla 5 Upstate, NY (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 14, 05 at 13:28

"Easy and understandable" tax info - LOL! Aren't taxes a nightmare? Did you try the NYS Dept of Taxation and Finance? I think I would start there. They do have a search module. If you're looking for a specific questionable item try plugging that in. There tax forms for remittance aren't too hairy - they have a specific line item for each county. It might even give you the rate on the form.

o

I believe this document has what you are looking for, but it's not exactly easy to understand...LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: NYS Tax Handbook

o

thanks! Just what I was looking for. I sell Christmas trees and have been paying sales tax for the entire time I've sold them, but for some reason, this year I was thinking that I've been wrong to be paying the sales tax on them (I sell them w/ the tax included, and then write a rather LARGE check to the gov't for sales tax which severely cuts into my profits).
Unfortunatley, I guess I still need to pay tax!

o

This site has a NY state sales tax calculator
http://www.earthodyssey.com/sales_tax.html
You just enter the city or county and the amount to be taxed and it gives you the tax rate and the tax amount. I found it much easier than wadeing through all the info on the NY state Dept of Taxation and Finance

Penny

o
NY State Tax Calculator Link

Sorry about that I meant to make it a clickable link

Penny

Here is a link that might be useful: NY State Tax Calculator

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Upstate New York Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here