Return to the Utah Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SOUTHERN Utah Gardners? 3 Questions

Posted by woco z6 UT (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 15, 07 at 13:35

Everyone in Southern Utah or from Beaver South. Do you grow just for you? Do you go to the Farmers Market in Cedar City? Is there a Farmers Market in St. George?

I grow mainly for my family but I would like to sell some stuff at the Farmers Market in Cedar City. I have gone to the Market twice but there were only about 5 people selling stuff and it was over by 10:00.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SOUTHERN Utah Gardners? 3 Questions

There is a farmers market in St. George during the summer on Monday nights at the Worthen Park if I am remembering right.
They also have free concerts in the park that night too in the gazebo.
I think that if you call the city offices, they would be able to tell you for sure.
The concerts are always really nice.... and crowded!

I only grew stuff for our family and if I had any extras I would share it with friends and extended family.
Peppers and tomatoes are mainly what I have grown in excess.
oh... and strawberries(surprisingly).... before the wasps discovered them!
Things that my meighbors have grown in excess are just about any squash you can imagine... zucchini, pumpkin, gourds, butternut, cucumbers.... ah.... the best I have ever tasted come from Enterprise, UT!

Good luck in growing for a farmers market, Enterprise and Enoch have about the climate and growing season. I am not sure about the soil, even though it is only the next valley over.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Utah Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here