Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cpelfring

Dwarf Eureka Lemon Tree

cpelfring
12 years ago

I received my lemon tree about two years ago. Haven't had luck with lemons yet. Although, it flourished this past summer, I can't say the same this time around.

I brought it in once the weather turned ugly, and I stuck it next to my husbands salt water fish tank (just to give it some hardy grow light). It seemed to be doing good, nothing like real sunlight though. I watered it whenever the soil was dry and misted the leaves every day.

About two weeks ago we took down the fish tank, now my little tree has barely any light on it (I live in a dark basement -- Almost like a dungeon lol all my windows are north facing). I've always had a 65 watt fluorescent flood light on it, but I really don't think it's ever done much for the tree. The little guy is really starting to look SAD... I'm considering going out and buying a small greenhouse with a heater just so it'll get some sun? I also have considered buying a real grow light for times like these. That way I don't have to go outside in the cold just to water the guy.

Any suggestions? I'm worried for the little lemons that I've been looking forward to for TWO years now! It can't die on me yet... HELP!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm