Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pawsitive_gw

getting started

pawsitive_gw
14 years ago

Happy first day of spring everyone! Notice the board hasn't been active so I thought I'd get everyone thinking. Have you planted anything yet? I have lettuce growing in the greenhouse but will be out of town during the middle of April and can't get anything started until I get back. Bad timing, I know, but it couldn't be helped. I do plan on getting my peas in the ground before I leave and hope that we get some rain while I'm gone. I may have to buy starts to get a jump on summer this year. I usually get most of my stuff going from the 15th of March on. Our traditional planting date for tender plants is Memorial Day, but last year it was cold enough that 2 weeks into June and the ground was still cold. I had to set my plants out the first week of June and left for 10 days and they didn't grow at all the whole time I was gone. My okra never got over 8" tall and the cotton only got 2 true leaves and stayed there. Tomatoes got blight, but I had the best onions ever. Go figure. Looks like a gorgeous day shaping up, enjoy it!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert