Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zubababy

what do you have that's starting to bloom?

zubababy
16 years ago

while walking around i like to look at everyone's yard to see what's popping up.

most of the things in my yard were planted last year, so some of mine seem to be a little bit later than the rest.

here is what has bloomed for me so far in west jordan.

eranthis cilicica - winter aconite

{{gwi:2476}}
iris dwarf ret. 'harmony'

{{gwi:2475}}
let's see your pics :)

Comments (6)

• beth4
    16 years ago

No photos....still have lots of snow in my yard. However, I have 2 golden crocus in bloom, and 1 purple crocus. Lots of shoots popping up -- tulips, daffodils, more crocus, hyacinths..and iris. But, still have lots of snow on the ground.

Poor yard looks really beat up....I can't imagine how much weight that snow created!

And it's way too wet to even think about going outside to work in the yard. I'd compact that dirt down so hard.....

I'm itching to get to the roses and prune them back....

• stevation
    16 years ago

I have some crocuses blooming, but that's about it.

Also, one daffodil has just started blooming.

• zubababy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

my first tulip bloomed today. this is one of the bulbs that i found in the yard while digging last fall, and placed it next to the house. i don't remember having tulips bloom in previous years. actually there are quite a few tulips that are here that i don't remember ever blooming before this year.
    tulip 'noid' the middle of this tulip is purple - i couldn't get the camera to pick up the right color
    {{gwi:2478}}
    chionodoxa luciliae - glory of the snow 'pink giant' these started to bloom last week. so far, i think this is my favorite spring bulb. i will definitely have to get more of these.
    {{gwi:2477}}
    this has also popped up within the last few days, but i don't know what it is.
    {{gwi:1321731}}

• mdasay
    16 years ago

This is fun. I have the requisite croucous blooming. My weeping Pussy Willow is in full show (love that tree) and my Saucer Magnolia has just a few of the hundreds of buds opening up. Unfortunately, I also have a cruddy dandelion in full bloom!

• stevation
    16 years ago

Hey Zuba, that last photo looks to me like an anemone. It's similar to my Anemone blanda, also called Greek windflower, although yours has shorter rays. I have a few of these in my yard, and I wish they were a little bigger or would spread faster; they're great little flowers.

• zubababy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

utahman
    funny about the dandelion. i just started noticing them popping up everywhere. although, i don't have to many in my yard. i saw a pic on one of these forums about a pink dandelion. i might try to find one, if possible :)

stevation
    i think you're right. i did plant some grecian windflowers in a different spot. where i did plant them, they have not bloomed yet but the foliage is the same. this one must have fell out of my box when i was planting.
    thank you

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022