Return to the Utah Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oh Lovely Springtime!!

Posted by mary_max Z 5 Utah (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 24, 07 at 23:59

I am having such a wonderful time out in the garden. After what seemed to be such a long winter (the inversion almost did me in.... I was a basket case) I am so glad to have springtime. I am enjoying each and everyday so much. I just dread wintertime again if it is like this last January. Is this inversion thing common in the winters around here? Will we have that to go through again? UG!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oh Lovely Springtime!!

"Is this inversion thing common in the winters around here? Will we have that to go through again? UG!!!"

Yes to both questions. Not always as long, but you can count on seeing inversions pretty much every year.

As far as spring goes, we're having spring weather now, but it's supposed to snow again Tuesday and Wednesday, according to the forecast in this morning's paper.

o

• Posted by beth4 z5 - Utah (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 25, 07 at 11:38

I welcome the snow (moisture, and maybe a chance to go skiing again), but I hope it stays on the benches and in the mountains. My apricot tree is beautifully in bloom now -- it looks like it could be growing back east, it is so heavy with blossoms. So, I definitely don't want any freezing to affect the apricots!

Bring on the rains; bring on the snow.

:)

o

It looks like the curse of the frozen apricot blossoms will be upon us this week. This has happened a lot in recent years, and many Utahns complain that they can't get a good apricot crop in many years. According to weather.com, it's going to get to a low of 32 degrees on Tuesday and 28 on Wednesday in Salt Lake & Utah valleys. I think that will kill many of the apricot blossoms/fruits this year. :-(

I'm glad my nectarine, cherries and apples flower a little later. I don't have an apricot, but there's one across my back fence. They have been flowering beautifully this week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Utah Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here