Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jimh6278

Wasatch Community Gardens Annual Plant Sale

jimh6278
16 years ago

The Wasatch Community Garden Annual Plant sale is May 12, 2007 from 8 Â 11. They will have a large selection of heirloom veggies, flowers, water wise plants. The proceeds support the Community Garden Program. Info including a list of available plants is located at wasatchgardens.org.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wasatch Community Gardens

Comments (3)

• songbirdmommy
    16 years ago

I went to their sell a few years ago and it was really neat!
    I encourage anyone looking for dought tolerant plants to check it out!
    They have some really neat varieties of plants that are hard to find.

Jim, are they moving? I hope that they do not shut down. I have always enjoyed drivng past the garden and watching it grow.
    I know for some, it can make or break a budget.

When I shop @ Wild Oats, I ALWAYS ask for a wooden token(even if it means carrying all my groceries in my pockets and in my purse-they give you a 5 cent token to donate to charity of your choice, if you bring your own shopping bag- which sometimes I forget to bring!)
    But I never forget to donate my nickel to Wasatch Community Gardens or some other charity that I feel really puts the $ to the people who need it and not to the people who run it!

But.... we won't get into THAT subject! LOL

just wanted to add my two-bits that the plant sale has some kewl things I think that alot of you would like. judging from comments and questions posted in this forum.

• jimh6278
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I do the same at Wild Oats and we are also donors. Unfortunately, this is the last year for the 4th south 5th east location. There are however, several other locations around the valley and I hope a suitable location downtown is found. It is a great experience for folks that might not otherwise have an opportunity to plant a seed and watch stuff grow.

• songbirdmommy
    16 years ago

I lived just a few blocks from the gardens when I while working on my Master's @ U of U.
    I would stop at the corner of 7th E./4th S., get a piece of choclate, walk past the gardens, most of the time no one was there... but it was nice to see how the plants and veggies grew from week to week.
    Then to work off the calories from my chocolate, I'd stroll through or around the park... depending on the hour... I stay far from Liberty if it is close to night fall!
    Then head home to tackle homework or work on my patio garden....
    The gardens actually inspired me... as well as home gardens I discovered along the way...
    I've come along way from patio gardening... as I gaze out this windy morn at all I need to do in my yard!
    Hope someday they can inspire others too!

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm