Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cpc42

Extending a privacy fence with plants?

cpc42
17 years ago

I need advice on good trees/shrubs/vines to put along a 6' wooden fence that doesn't quite hide the tops of my neighbor's plethora of unused camper and trailer gear, which I have a great view of from my kitchen window. This is on the west side of my house, where I only have just over 13' of space between the fence and my red brick house, so it can't be gigantic.

I would love something flowering and fragrant (possibly a vine attached to a trellis? A shrub of some sort), but I also think something evergreen would be nice during the winter. Something somewhat fast-growing would be ideal, as we may not be in this house forever... (I realize you can't usually have it all, but a person can dream, right?)

I also need to be careful about having anything creep over the edge into the neighbor's yard too much, as they have cut any wandering branch or bush thus far and have complained about leaves from my trees. I'm worried about air/light circulation for some plants as it will be against a fence and wondered if anyone else has dealt with this issue? Or just has ideas on good Utah plants for extending a privacy fence, just so I have anything to gaze at besides a trailer top?

I live in Utah County (Zone 5). Any help would be appreciated. I could provide a photo if that would help.

Thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored