Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pawsitive_gw

#@$& deer

pawsitive_gw
15 years ago

Went out this afternoon after being gone over the weekend to find out the deer ATE the few established strawberry plants, pulled a couple of newly planted ones out by the roots, ate all the leaves and blossoms off the fruit trees to about 4' 9" high, ATE my clematis, and it didn't need pruning thankyouverymuch, tromped thru my raised beds, and just generally raised he!! in my garden. At least I didn't have the bird feeders out, they knock they down and stomp the carp out of them to get to the seed. I really thought there was enough green stuff in the foothills to keep them there now. The turkeys have finally wandered off back to the hills. At least I haven't noticed them calling. Pests, that's all deer are,pests. I just love the Las Vegas people who come up and feed them, "they're so cute" and then complain when they eat the landscape. I just laugh. I send the dogs out after them. Of course, the deer fight back, what are dogs but coyotes with collars!! Ok, enough ranting. Going to figure out how to put up an electric fence around the orchard for NEXT year.

Comment (1)

Sponsored