Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
libbyliz_gw

Grampa's Weeding Tool?

LibbyLiz
16 years ago

Has anyone seen this tool at a store, in Northern UT?

http://www.grampasweeder.com/

I used a neighbors in Eastern WA in the mid 90s & was never able to find it anywhere there. I even searched Western WA & ID & couldn't find it.

She didn't remember where it was bought & didn't even know the name of the tool. Since I wasn't able to find it after searching for many months high & low, she let me borrow it whenever I needed it.

Then we moved to AR & I didn't need a weeding tool. Somehow the ground was inhospitable to the likes of dandelions, spurge, black medic & so on.

When we moved to UT I tried the Weed Hound on our lawn but it didn't work on all weeds like Grampa's Weeding Tool did, so I took it back to Lowe's. The gal who refunded my money said she'd seen quite a few being returned.

Anyhow, I haven't needed the elusive tool until recently when I threw up my hands in disgust at trying to get every type of whole weed with the "snake tongue" hand weeder.

So I went on-line today, something I didn't have until late in Eastern WA & then didn't know what to search for & really didn't want to order over the internet or phone if I even would have looked & found it.

I found it, on QVC on sale, cheaper than what I found on 6+ pages of search results!!! They had it in stock & I should get it around 15 May, so I'm happy.

But I also wonder if I could have bought it locally & saved on shipping. =\ Though I haven't seen it at the couple of nurseries, Ace Hardware stores, Lowe's, Home Depot & Wal-Mart stores I've visited, & even a farm/feed store.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus