Return to the Utah Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rain

Posted by aquawise zone 4 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 27, 09 at 9:54

How do you like all this rain? Is it messing up you garden? Got mushrooms in your grass? I love it! the cooler weather is great and It saves on my water bill. How do you all feel about this weather? How is it affecting your gardens?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rain

I have loved the rain this month. As far as I'm concerned, this can go on all summer. I do have a few plants in the garden that are wanting some good summer heat. But for most of the garden, the rain has been a treat.

o

Awesome! I can do without the heat wave to. Went up on cove Mt. today 62* Wonderful!!!! went fishing at big lake in my float tube, what a great way to spend an afternoon. Great to hear from someone else in UTAH. Thanks for responding!!

o

I have been worried about my yield?! Not over watering was my hardest lesson to learn. And we got drenched this last month! My squash plant is flowering but it is not growing the squash like it should, any advice? Also getting tomatos to ripen any thoughts on this?

o

How much did you fertilize the squash? One thing that can lead to a lack of flowering is too much nitrogen. It causes lots of leaf growth at the expense of flowering.

It last rained here Friday night. They're calling for possible rain every day through Saturday. If we don't get some rain by Friday, I'll have to turn the sprinklers on to make sure the lawn doesn't burn up due to a stray firecracker, but I love making it into July without even testing the irrigation.

o

I stopped watering a tree because of all the rain we were getting... and it hurt my tree. It's back on its normal watering schedule though and I'm glad the sun is out in full-force!! I have a desert landscape that thrives in the hot sun.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Utah Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here