Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kkucc

New Lawn & Watering

kkucc
13 years ago

Hi all!

After 8 years of waiting we finally got grass! Now, I am not plant savvy. Let me just get that admission out of the way at the beginning ;) And I really, really don't want to mess up on the lawn!

We ammended the soil well (lots of clay here and red sand) The sod was just put down Friday and I was instructed to water for 1-2 hours (basically until it feels like a wet sponge) every 4 or 5 hours-- we have low output sprinklers, they look like spider webs when they spray and I don't know the technical term for them, sorry. But even after just an hour that lawn is pretty darn squishy. And when we pulled up a few pieces this morning to fill in some sink spots on the trenches it was still more than crumbly moist underneath, still soggy, even though I hadn't watered since yesterday about 5:00pm. The idea behind it is that you get it good and wet and then when the water drains into the soil it pulls the roots with it right? But this seems like too much water to me. How do you know with a new lawn? Our temps are still in the mid 90's to 100's and it has been pretty windy the past few days. Thanks for any and all input!!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County