Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pawsitive_gw

too much compost?

pawsitive_gw
14 years ago

I've always said, a gardner can NEVER have too much compost. Well, today I think I hit the saturation point! I've run out of bins, and out of space to put bins! And I have 10 bags of leaves left over from last fall and a huge pile of grass clippings and no where to put them. I know, leave them be and they will eventually turn into compost, but DH is going out there, not saying a word, and you can hear the siggghhhhhhhhhhh. So I need to do something with it before he tries to pack it all off to the dump. I will throw myself in front of the truck if he does that, donchaknow. So back outside to rearrange space and get those leaves working! I have already put 21 5gal buckets of compost in the raised beds and have 2 25gallon plastic bins full of ready compost and a 35gallon trash can full of finished and screened compost and 7 5gallon buckets of finished and screened compost ready to put on the raised beds when the spent plants are ready to come out. I'm swimming in compost, Itellya. Oh, and I have 2 finished piles that need to be screened. I've run out of buckets! LOL and no...it's not for sale.....

Comment (1)