Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lorifromutah

I Saw That Snow In Cedar City!

LorifromUtah
17 years ago

LOL

Usually us Northerners get the first taste of winter but I guess it's the South's turn this year?

I can't remember who is from Cedar/Enoch, but I hope the storm didn't do much damage to your trees. Those early storms can really do a number on plants and shrubs!

Lri

Comments (3)

• songbirdmommy
    17 years ago

Hi!
    I am from Enterprise, UT.... about 45 miles west of Cedar City.
    When I got home from SLC Sunday night, the skies were clear.
    I went to bed about midnight, and there was a thunderstorm just to the west of Enterprise.
    I woke up to the screeching of my computer's surge protectors about 2:30.
    Thinking it was just from the thunderstorm......
    Well, when I looked out the window, I was shocked to see WHITE!
    There was snow EVERYWHERE!
    I woke up all my children to let them see the snow... one of my teenagers ran out and made a snow angel.... LOL

In the morning I was dismayed to see that the weight of all the snow on my aspens and cottonwoods had snapped many of their larger branches off.

as I drove the children to school, I noted that there were downed limbs EVERYWHERE!
    Later someone told me that there was a fire started wither at or near the Stake Center because of a down electrical line.

My kids, and most kids here in Enterprise made snowmen, and frolicked in the snow before school yesterday.
    Some of the larger, well packed snowmen were still around this morning.
    Most of the snow is gone now....
    Time to clean up the aftermath of an early (heavy) snow.

• christyla
    17 years ago

Hey you guys.
    My husband was in the SLC/Park City area when he sent me these pictures September 16.

Park City had gotten this snow and everyone was surprised. They said it usually doesn't snow that early.
    I joined him up there for a couple of weeks and just enjoyed the scenery. Everything was so pretty with the fall colors starting.
    You guys have a beautiful state.
    Christy

• LorifromUtah
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We had a raging blizzard last night and woke up to six inches on the ground with slick ground underneath. I was surprised how 'warm' it was though this morning, about twenty degrees, which is what we've been for the last week or so. The afternoons warm up nicely.

Before the snowstorm I did get some raspberry vines cut back as well as a few out of control lilac trees. All my trees died (cottonwoods) so we cut them down a few years ago before they fell on the house. I miss the shade and the privacy but not the leaf raking in the fall!

Lori

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH