Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jimh6278

posting pictures

jimh6278
17 years ago

Does anyone know how to post pictures on this site. It would be fun to be able to view plants, gardens, and projects.

Comments (6)

• stevation
    17 years ago

You have to have the photos hosted somewhere else on the web and then you insert an HTML tag in your post. The tag looks like this: [img src="http://www.example.com/your-file-name-here.jpg";] except you have to replace the [ and ] with (I can't write it the way it really is, or this site interprets it as an actual tag and you won't see the text.

Since I have my own family website and garden blog, I upload photos there and then link to them here. A lot of others use photobucket to host their images. I haven't tried that.

Alternatively, you can click "gallery" in the "switch to" section at the top of the forum, and it will give you a form to upload an image with. But I find that not enough people see the galleries in these forums and it creates a separate place for posting messages and followups that won't be seen by people who use the main forum.

Speaking of all this, are there others here who would like to see GardenWeb improve these forums? I'd like to see a more up-to-date interface that flags each thread that has new content since the last time I visited. Some very simple (and free) forum software does that and is widely used in other places. There are other forums that have easier ways to upload photos, too. Any other things you folks would like to see?

• christyla
    17 years ago

Hi, What I have been using sometime now is the website, tinypic.com. You don't need membership just go to it spontaneously to use to post pictures.
    When you go there hit the browse button to search your hard drive for a picture you would like to upload.
    Hit the upload image and once it's done copy the first line (embedded image line) and then past here in your message.
    Walla it's done.
    Good luck, Christy

Here is a link that might be useful: tiny pic website

• jimh6278
    Original Author
    17 years ago

test my bean trellis
    {{gwi:1322815}}

• stevation
    17 years ago

Well, Jim -- looks like you got it! Nice bean trellis!

- Steve

• LorifromUtah
    17 years ago

THAT'S what I want Jim!
    Very nice!

Lori

• tweedbunny
    16 years ago

test some random pic

Sponsored