Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Wintersown plants and more

Posted by Brent_In_NoVA z7/6 VA (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 25, 05 at 21:04

Wintersowing was very successful for me this year and I have more plants than I have places to plant. Please help me out my giving some of these plants a good home. All of the following are potted up in 16 oz cups. Most outgrew their pot months ago and some look better than other, but they should all do fine once in the ground.

12 - Coreopsis lanceolata (Lanceleaf Coreopsis)
3 - Verbena bonariensis
5 - Salvia farinacea 'Blue Bedder' (may not be hardy in zone 7)
4 - Amsonia (Bluestar)
7 - Anise Hyssop
3 - Liatris (Blazing Star, Gayfeather)
5 - Echinacea purpurea (Purple Coneflower)
3 - Echinacea purpurea 'White Swan'
3 - Heliopsis (False Sunflower)

I also have 2 potted up divisions of Daylily 'Darius' and I could also dig up 4 or 5 Shasta Daisy 'Silver Princess' from my nursery bed (to make room for other plants).

You really would be doing me a favor by taking these plants off my hand. Feel free to ask for as many plants as you can use and I ask for nothing in return. You could pick up these plants at my house in Sterling, at my work in Reston, or we could work out some exchange in the area.

- Brent

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Wintersown plants and more

• Posted by Suja z7 noVA (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 25, 05 at 21:55

I don't need any more plants. I don't need any more plants. I don't need any more plants. I don't need any more plants.

HELP! Please snap them up before I'm forced to take them off Brent's hand.

o

Come on Suja...I am sure you have room for just a few more!!!

Here is a peak at what I am trying to give away. Lots of nice plants for a price that is hard to beat. I have another stash of my own that I really don't have room for, but most of them will go in a nursery bed for now and I will have to kill of some more lawn later.

Plants looking for a home

- Brent

o

Brent -- yes, yes, oh yes. :) :) I'm sure you hear that a lot!! I'll email you.

o

The plants are all spoken for.

- Brent

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Virginia are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here