Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spring bulbs

Posted by lyvia (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 19, 11 at 7:39

just wanted to share my spring fever...
I had my first crocus yesterday. The winner this year is purple. Two years ago I planted tiny bulbs under my tulip poplars, and I can't wait to see them this year. It was

gordon dwarf iris
muscari valerie finnis grape hyacinth
chionadoxa glory of the snow
siberian scilla
pushkinia squills

So I figure at least one group will not come back, and at least one will be happy and spread. I can't wait to see who the winner is!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spring bulbs

I love bulbs! Some crocus I planted last fall are peeking through, but no flowers yet. Every year I plant a few more bulbs, and this year I found crocus, exotic daffodil, and tulip bulbs really cheap, so I'm planting them in pots as I can pick up more pots. I also got some dwarf daffodil bulbs at the garden club sale, as well as some peacock lilies, which I look forward to planting after the first frost.

o

have daffodils coming up! I'm getting excited as it warms up! Can't wait to get outside and dig in the dirt!

o

I have daffodils and my tulips are peeking out of the soil but my crocus do not seemed to have made it. I may have planted them too deep...I was cold and rushed. :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here