Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When does Agastache Cana 'Rosita' poke through in VA?

Posted by summerstar Z7VA (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 22, 09 at 19:29

Last fall I planted two Agastache called Rosita because they're drought tolerant. The Solidago called Golden Fleece that I planted at the same time is coming up and looks vigorous, but the two little Agastaches aren't doing anything. I'd be sooooo disappointed if they haven't made it. I covered them up with evergreen boughs and piled a little more mulch a little close to the stems to protect them. I have the regular type of Agastache coming up now but maybe this particular variety is slower. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Anybody out there grow it in Central VA?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When does Agastache Cana 'Rosita' poke through in VA?

I don't have any answers for you but I was curious if they perked up any in the last 2 weeks or so? I have never grown them before.

o
RE: When does Agastache Cana 'Rosita' poke through in VA?

I have two of these. One is showing some tiny leaves coming from the main stems. The other is doing nothing. I emailed the grower in New Mexico and they were very nice, saying that they would replace whatever doesn't grow. I'm really interested in this plant. They're gorgeous on the growers website. What's great is that they don't require much water once they're established. I'm trying to eliminate flowers that need a lot of water. We've been experiencing a lack of rain in our area just a little south of Charlottesville, so I'm looking for plants that can handle less water. If you're interested, I can post a link to the growers website so you can look at the plant. It's color is a purplish-red and grows rather bushy, with lots of flowers throughout the summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here