Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hornedone

So pumpkins

hornedone
16 years ago

So southern pumpkins what are ya going to grow this year?I planted about

30 veggies und herbs plants so far.All veggies und herbs from scrap.All going bad veggies.Last year i planted late,so i did not harvest any veggies. I did have some herbs to sample .Well sheat does happen.This year i expect many veggies

in the garden some i may even get a chance to eat.Well i hope so.Is there something i can throw in compost pile and grow?

What grows in compost pile/?I have thrown many old going bad veggies in compost pile throughout the winter.Some stuff is actually starting to grow ,i do not know what it is yet.Time will tell.Do any of ya know what is the best compost veggie to grow? Yah i know they all are?What do ya think??Und hey poooooopies stop correcting my bad engleeeee.Just joking.

Comment (1)

• sequi
    16 years ago

I threw strawberry runners in the pile this fall. One of them was really hardy, stayed alive (and warm), and attempted to stick leaves and a flower out of the slat in early February. Nothing was around to pollinate it, but that tells me strawberries can grow in straight compost.

I also heard melons, squash, and potatoes can also grow in a compost bin. At least, people complain about unwanted bin volunteers of those types that are growing from discarded fruit.

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996