Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant Search: Gardenia 'Chuck Hayes'

Posted by filbert 7 VA (My Page) on
Tue, May 20, 08 at 12:44

Has anyone seen the gardenia 'Chuck Hayes' at any local nurseries? I've checked a few mail order websites and they seem to be out of stock or stopped shipping until the fall.

Thanks,
Filbert

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant Search: Gardenia 'Chuck Hayes'

What's "local" for you? Virginia is a big state.

o

Northern Virginia, Southern Maryland, or D.C. Thanks.

o

I have one you can have if you wanna come get it. I planted it 2 yrs ago and it takes a beating in winter but it bounces back over the summer. I just don't have a good place to plant it so it's protected from the strong winter winds here. Mail me at pnuttatmyactvdotnet.

I got mine down in Southern Virginia down around Hampton Roads.

o

I just planted a new gardenia, don't know the name, but it has a double blossom. I moved it around and finially believe that I have a good spot for it. We will see!
Peggy, you are a dear to share such a beautiful plant. I hope that Filbert will enjoy it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Virginia Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here